Sunday, May 31, 2009

Stress is apparently very bad for you...

...I'm trying to remind myself of that, but it's not doing much re the nausea and panic. Someone said to me this semester - uni is a time when you should push yourself in ways you wouldn't in the real world, because failing isn't a bad thing - so long as you learn from it. Nice idea.

I took off yesterday to work on my Film project. I expected to be finished with it but got stuck half way - things just weren't working and i was exhausted and at the end of my tether. These are both subjects I've really enjoyed, but the though of working on either project was truly repulsive and depressing. I recognised this as a sign of burn out, so I took 24hours off.

Now - back to the grindstone! I realise having a bit of time off was good for my mental health, but I'm now wishing I had that time back...the good news is, the 'time off' wasn't really time off. I worked out how to make animated gifs. I was having trouble bringing over the frames of the gifs I'd made for the sprites, but I'm going to try something else out, to see if that works.

I have a long list of to dos. My main priorities are setting up the mature orange situation (to give players more interesting choices) and set up 3 rooms/levels. At that point, I'd like to send it out for playtesting then change as per feedback.

I still think the first room is too easy, but I want a fairly easy learning ground. Maybe I can set that up eventually as the tutorial?

No comments:

Post a Comment