http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=69357
buzzard cry for bird
http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=38025
farmer shaking can and spraying
http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=105
stinkbomb sound
this was also good if i change my mind: http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=66377
I'm going to record my own farmer sounds with audacity. It would be good to have a running sound that got louder as the framer got closer (like the old atari games...)
Need to fix the bird eating scene - add in a graphic instead of explosion. Maybe a crunch sound?
Lowered the background sound volume. Removed a couple of oranges on each tree (now 8) as it was too easy.
New background music from gamemaker resources http://www.yoyogames.com/resources/browse/5 Lateksi2, first in their pack of 11 midi files
Took bird direction cue from bird timeline instead put it on the bird objects. the Birds on the left hand side only are really freaking out when they contact the stinkbomb and trying to go under it. I think it's because it only works when the paths intersect (which they don't always do)
Made 2 new objects - birdawayright and left. When the bird contacts the stinkbomb, it turns into one of these, which just flies in the appropriate direction off screen and is destroyed.
I also wanted the sound of the farmer shaking the spray can to be the slight warning a pray was going to happen. I created a 40step delay in the farmer spray object between the start of the sound and the appearance of the spray objects
Tried to set up a farmerrun hit area. Didn't work as it wasn't moving with the farmer. might just make it a straightforward deduct health points as long as you are in contact with him. I made it -1 relative points, which gives enough of a health indent to be a deterrent. This should make him more of a threat (based on playtest response last night)
Set up a new level (identical to the first) to test the level time length. Just put in a fade in/out. Need to set up a better transition plus still want to add a timer count down of the level to add more drama
Still an issue with the farmer getting stuck in the stink bomb area. I think its becasue i have it set so the farmer changes horizontal direction when it collides with the stink bomb. This is done every step, so it changes direction for 3 secs ie moves back and forth ie gets stuck! I set it now so that it just picks to go left regardless of original direction. Its not stuck anymore but the sound still gets replayed the entire time its in the bug spray area. Might need to set up a one off sound hit area object. There really mustbe an easier way...
Is the room too long? I think I'm getting bored flying around so much...I also don't really feel a threat if I lost a tree - there are so many trees and oranges to eat...
Started building my room (and duplicating everything arrgghh!) but hving rouble bringing over the score from the last room. At the creation of the new room a new controller_life is formed adn the whole thing starts again, which is NOT what i want!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment