I thought it might be easier to just note straight in here re what I do as I go, instead of making notes and having to type them out at the end of the day!
- Realised I'd set the LR birds to start at relative 0,0 instead of 0,48 at the start of the path. This meant there were starting from different places (where ever they expired) which is why I thought they weren't appearing after a stnk bomb (as they started from a different start poit and just didn't fly past me where I was in the room). Fixed that issue.
- Set up an invisibl farmerSpray hit area behind the bug spray. Works well, the graphic persists like I wanted. I also changed the level the farmer and the spray were on (and the birds), so that they now fly over bugs and everything else...
- Put in background muic and already it feels slightly more interesting. Also added more bird incidents based on feedback in playtest session last night
- Trying to set new lives at 2000 points. If I set the step event in the controller life to equals or greater than 2000 +1 relative life, it adds way more than one life. Just found this on the web: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/lofiversion/index.php/t297135.html. Tried both code suggestions but I'm not doing something right - its not recognising the variable and not giving me an extra life... It might be easier to make a bonus life orange appear after each 2000 points...
- Just thought of something - generally, peole are losing and gaining points in multiples of 10, so I set it to give an extra life at 1999, 3999 and 5999. This might be a problem if people don't eat an entire orange...that could leave them on a number ending in 9. Will do as a fix for now
- OK, just set up a star sprite to act as the stink bomb bonus orange. Its not working. I set it up to act as an orange, on creation has a value of 10 stinkbombbonus, but when it reaches 1, i want it to make a noise and credit stink_bomb variable with +1. Except the stink_bomb variable is in a different obejct (controller life - i need it there or it doesn't get written onthe scoreboard). I don't know if there's some way I can cross reference the objects...arrgghh!
- Yay for global variables! Just changed all stink_bomb to global.stink_bomb and it works! Wish I'd found that out sooner...Added a sound to the bonus win. Then I destroyed instance of bonus orange, controller_stinkbombbonus and set the alarm to create a new one about 2 mins later. Test timing in playtest session
- Also, the controller_stinkbombbonus sets it so that a stink bomb bonus appears on a tree in a random spot for 30secs. If its not eaten, it is destroyed, and appears 60secs later on a different tree in a random spot. I've just used alarms in the controller for this
- Changed their appearance to 15 secs instead of 30secs. Make it harder to catch them
- OK, teh stinkbomb hit area seems to work, except the birds don't change direction, they just try to fly around it, which is quite funny. i think I'm going to explain any stink bomb glitches on the characters dealing with the stench...sound will be important in this game!
Ok - I might go off now and look for better sounds or build better graphics. I still want to set up:
- intro page
- deduct points for hitting farmer
- mature/expiring oranges
- new levels
- maybe add a spider enemy as well (revisiting that idea)
- ending page
No comments:
Post a Comment