You could make the bracelet one a bit like zuma, having to click through different bead colours on the needle (including no bead when you have to thread back through something). Bit really, who would want to play it?
Maybe I should go back to the original ferry idea. I hate all the ideas. Or I should say I'm not fully in love with any one particular one. I wish I had time to build a basic prototype of each and see which one I had more fun playing.
Here is the original Ferry idea as I outlined it to Yusuf.
So tired...
Group name: Etsy Ketsy
Group member: Janet Tot
Program: GameMaker
Suggestions for game theme:
I've been thinking a lot about the Persuasive games we looked at in class the other week. I quite like the idea of games as an interactive way to communicate an idea or point of view.
You may be aware, the Jetcat ferry service to Manly was stopped around the end of last year. Since then, a privately owned and operated Fast Ferry service was brought in to replace it. When that happened all manner of trouble was stirred up. There were union protests galore, with complaints by the Ferry union that the Fast Ferry crew were being underpaid etc etc. This just brought up resentment from the general public, who for a long time have believed Sydney Ferry staff to be far overpaid for what they do and the service they provide.
I moved to Manly just over a month ago and since then have gone from agreeing with the idea that they were underpaid, to thinking there's no way I'd do their job - for almost any money! They have to contend with really rough seas, complaining, dirty or obnoxious passengers, sail boats and other random craft in their way, and all while trying to stick to a time table etc. The mornings especially are an interesting time to travel, with a tense air at the jetty between the Union covered Ferry staff and the young guns at the Fast Ferry entrance.
The most amusing thing is, the Fast Ferry isn't actually that fast. It runs the Manly to Circular Quay trip in about 10 mins less than the ferry. Because of this, it leaves Manly about 10 mins later than the Ferry and gets in about 1 min before. I always imagine it racing to try to beat the Ferry to justify it's "fast' label (to to mention the fact it charges almost twice as much for a one way trip!)
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to have a game where you were the Sydney Ferry pilot, having to earn your pay by sticking to the Ferry timetable, sailing a smooth enough trip for passengers to be comfortable (and safe) and dodging the obstacles along the way - all while sticking to standard ocean travel rules and while trying to beat the Fast Ferry in!
Re your suggested themes:
There's not really a death element (unless you lose passengers overboard).
I don't think there's an orange element (I think the Fast Ferry logo is yellow - is that close enough?)
There's not strictly speaking a treasure element (unless you count the Ferry pilot's pay - which is apparently quite high!)
What do you think? Is this an idea I could pursue?
Janet
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment