OK! Just had Barry do a quick play test - will type up the result later, but its promising. The new changes I've added make it more playable!
So, I've got rid of all of the holder oranges and I'm now adding in to all of the mature oranges and oranges a test - just as they are destroyed from being eaten, they are to test if there are any others left. If not, they are to destroy the instance of the tree! That should do it. Now I just have to go in for all 8 ornages and all 8 mature oranges and change everything :-) I'm also settign up timelines for each tree. Rather than start all 10 oranges on the tree, I'm starting with 6 and staggering the last 4 over 400 steps - that way, not all will go off mature at exactly the same time adn shoudl make it better to play
So now I've set up all timelines for all orange creations. I've set destroy on all oranges and mature oranges on teh death of the stink bug and I reset their timelines to 0, so the oranges start all over again, with n mature ones on the tree - a proper fresh slate!
I also created a timeline for the bonus stnk bombs. I didn't destroy the instance or restart the timeline on deth of the stink bug - I hope this will mix up the pattern I've set for their appearance a bit more and create more of a sense of unpredicatibity re where they will end up.
I have to say I'm starting to loathe this game. I really wanted some excelent game play, bt at the moment, I'm struggling just to get it to work, I've not realy had time to develop game play! I'm so annoyed with the entire situation and disappointed wth myself.
I haven't even made more than one level! And I'm supposed to send it out for playtesting tomorrow!! Maybe it will be good to get some fresh eyes on the project at this point before spending too much time developing new levels. I just know there will be issues wth new levels and I dont' know that I will have time to sort them out...
The good news is I'm pretty happy with the way this is working now. It's mostly working. i know the code/build is clunky, but there's not much I can do about it....
Now I'm building an intro page for the game. There will be two buttons on it (mouse click actvated). One is for the instructions page, the other is just to launch the game. The one that launches the game will take you to a level summary, with info re the orchard (farmer name, number of trees) and bonus info if necessary. There will be a 10 sec count down on that page before launching the actual game. I will construct number gifs in photoshop for the countdown and just have the sprites change every 30 steps.
OK, need some sleep now, but it's at least looking good...
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment