So, because I need to give a talk tonight (and because I need to start focusing my energies on developing one idea not 1000), I'm picking Stink Bug for the purposes of this assignment. The good thing about the others is I can look at developing them after this course is finished.
So I'm now doing a bit of research - on stink bugs and on what GameMaker can do.
Just reading up on stink bugs, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunn_pest and their relative the Sunn Pest, they are hard to kill and inject the plants they feed on with a chemical that makes the plants develop bad wheat (in the case of Sunn pest), so the whole 'kill all the oranges and kill the tree' aspect of the game is feasible. One thing I haven't considered is the fact Stink Bugs spray stinky stinging chemicals as a defence mechanism. Perhaps I can build this into the game? Can you as the stink bug defend yourself against the birds or the farmer? That could be interesting/fun.
Maybe you can pick which type you want to be - the more coloured it is, the faster it flies but the easier its spotted by birds? Can this be done in GameMaker?
More on this later
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment