Friday, May 29, 2009

Game progression

Now I know how to make levels work (thanks Yusuf!) I've laid out a plan for the game.

I'll have 5 levels in total,with the game lasting about 17.5mins if you run it straight through without having to restart any level. This doesn't include time for transitions etc so it will probably end up around half an hour, which is fine my be!

This is assuming I stick with oranges and they act as they do now (no mature option)

This will probably change once I playtest all of the levels, but this is my plan at this stage:

Level 1:
  • 8 trees, 8 oranges on each
  • Single bird attacks
  • stink bomb bonuses appear every 800 steps when picked up or not
  • farmer random(500) spray
  • Level change at 4200 steps (2.5mins)
Level 2:
  • 7 trees, 7 oranges on each
  • Double bird attacks
  • Stink bomb bonus - if picked up, 1000 steps between; if missed, 800 steps
  • farmer random(500) spray
  • Level change at 9600 steps (3 mins)
Level 3:
  • 6 trees, 6 oranges on each
  • Double bird attacks
  • Stink bomb bonus - if picked up, 1200 steps between; if missed, 1000 steps
  • farmer random(500) spray
  • level change at 15900 steps (3.5mins)
Level 4:
  • 6 trees, 5 oranges on each
  • Double bird attacks
  • Stink bomb bonus - if picked up, 1500 steps between; if missed, 1000 steps
  • Farmer random(400) spray
  • Spider intro
  • Level change at 23100 (4 mins)
Level 5:
  • 6 trees, 5 oranges on each
  • Double bird attacks
  • Stink bomb bonus - if picked up, 1800 steps between; if missed, 1000 steps
  • Farmer random(300) spray
  • Multiple spiders
  • Level end at 33200 steps (4.5 mins)

No comments:

Post a Comment