Thursday, June 4, 2009

Reviewing what's possible...

I had my first meeting for my masters project the other day. One thing that the lecturer in charge said for us to consider with any idea we come up with are the resources we have available.

Now I'm going to apply that to this project. For just one person working on this I have achieved a lot, especially considering I built most of the graphics and recorded or manipulated most of the sound. I am pretty happy with my end result with the two level game. i would like to split that up into a four level game, with the instructions re what you will encounter on each level, but i would need an extra day to do that. And that's without even considering the other assignment aspects I need to complete (and considering I have to go to work on Friday!!)

So. I am going to quickly tidy what I can now before I go to bed, then tomorrow, priority goes to recording the video and creating the presentation. If by chance after that i find my time free, I will happily go back and see what I can achieve with the splitting of the levels and reassess my presentation based on that.

I don't want to find myself stuck at the end and not prepped for the presentation, or that will stress me out. If I at least have something prepared, i will feel way more relaxed about it.

Plus, to tell you the truth, I'm not sure splitting the levels won't actually take away from my intended game experience. The players I've had test it for the most part have expressed desire to keep at it to try to get through the level, rather than get discouraged - it seems to have a good balance between encouraging and seeming possible and not being too easy at all.

I think obviously long term it woudl get tiring (esp with the music, I can lay testament to that), but I actually think I'm quite happy with what I've developed at this point, particularly considering I went through stages of despair and loathing for it :-)

OK, enough ranting, I need sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment