Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Afternoon session

  • I'm tryign to add in lime trees for a bit of variety in the second level and to make it more interesting for players - let them try to work out - is it better to hang out in the lime tree area - more fruit (10 on tree), worth less (6 points) or better to fly through the orange trees? Set the reappear (400 steps) and mature times (400 steps to mature, 90 as mature) much lower and the mature fruit is only worth 9. Biggest decision at the moment is deciding if I should have them every second tree or bunched at the end...
  • So, I'm creating three trees of limes. That means three lime objects, 3 matur lime objects and three controller limes (one for each tree). I'm also substituting the oranges for limes on the tree timelines
  • Seems to be working OK. I can't help but hang out with the limes, they keep changing, but I wonder how long I can hang out there before I lose all my health? Its actually harder to stay in one spot anyway with the double birds and farmer covering less ground...
  • I like it. For some reason there area million limes appearing, but they still don't give you that much energy...whihc is actually interesting
  • Now trying to fix the farmer issue - it only rebounds off the stink bomb once and heads to the left only, which can run you over ie the stink bomb doesn't work. Now going to try temporarily changign it to a farmer object that doesn't impact the bug and changes back to the normal farmer after 100 steps. A bit like the way I set up the bird.
  • So set up on collision wiht bug, if bug.x>farmer.x, farmer turns into farmerRL.
  • It's not recognising the variable. I tried writing it in code but that doesn't work either. Will look at it again tonight - I'll update the instructions etc, which I know how to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment