Monday, June 1, 2009

Forget about the oranges, what about the bugs in the code...

Two playtesters had the same error message come up. It appears people like playing the game and don't care about killing trees, they're s hell bent on eating oranges!

I have a timeline set up to launch a stink bomb bonus on trees in random turn. When they killed off a tree, it destroyed it's instance and the timeline freaked out when it couldn't find it. Anyway, sorted it out and re posted the game on the website. I have a feeling most people will plytest tomorrow anyway.

So. I'm melting down again. I need to create anotehr level or two. i need to create an end page. I need to create player dilemmas e.g. balance of food. I'd like to consider another enemy and another superboost bonus (short term fast flying, but bigger body so more attractive to birds).

Unfortuantely tomorrow I'm at uni for my other subject, plus I have my first meeting for my Masters capstone project int he evening. Then I work all day Wednesday and Thursday. So basically, I'm screwed. I don't know how I'm going to achieve this. And I haven't even considered the rest of the assignment.

I'm exhausted. It's not like I've been flaking off. How did I get in this bind?? AndI'm so not happy with the game. Its not what I wanted to create. I don't know how to create what i want to create, so I have no idea if it would work as a game or not. I honestly wish we'd had a couple of extra weeks on this project - then I might actually get it to a state I'd be happy enough with

No comments:

Post a Comment